Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Friday, December 21, 2007

Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Xmas (1977-1996)

In 1994 through 1995, Rhino Records compiled and released fifteen volumes in their exhaustive series Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Hits of the 80s. In 1996, they released an additional Christmas themed volume. A final Halloween themed volume capped off the series in 1998.

Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Xmas is a fun compilation of mostly irreverent Christmas tunes. It's not all strictly "New Wave," but, honestly, why pick nits? After all, it is music from a bygone era and does contain the greatest Christmas song of all time, The Pogues' "Fairytale of New York."

Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Xmas (1977-1996)
1. XTC - Thanks for Christmas [1983] (3:51)
2. Squeeze - Christmas Day [1979] (3:52)
3. The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York [1988] (4:32)
4. Los Lobos - Rudolph the Manic Reindeer [1988] (1:58)
5. The Pretenders - 2000 Miles [1983] (3:37)
6. Throwing Muses - Santa Claus [1989] (3:48)
7. Miracle Legion - Little Drummer Boy [1985] (3:35)
8. Root Boy Slim & the Sex Change Band - Xmas at K-Mart [1978] (2:42)
9. David Bowie & Bing Crosby - Peace on Earth / Little Drummer Boy [1982] (2:39)
10. Captain Sensible - One Christmas Catalogue [1984] (3:59)
11. Timbuk 3 - All I Want for Christmas [1987] (3:24)
12. Wall of Voodoo - Shouldn't Have Given Him a Gun for Christmas [1987] (4:05)
13. They Might Be Giants - Santa's Beard [1988] (1:54)
14. The Buzz of Delight - Christmas [1983] (3:22)
15. Chris Stamey Group - Christmas Time [1985] (3:46)
16. Sun 60 - Mary Xmess [1993] (4:19)
17. Mono Puff - Careless Santa [1996] (2:16)

106.2MB ZIP archive
MP3: Variable bitrate (257kbps average)
Exact Audio Copy 1.0b3 (Secure mode) w/LAME 3.99.5 (-V0)

DOWNLOAD

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoohooo! Awesome Kevin! I would like that Halloween one you mentioned next year if possible... :)

Anonymous said...

Kevin,
Hope your holidays are going well!

Steve Cape Cod said...

Happy New Year. Thank you for what you are doing!! Keep it up!!
Steve Cape Cod

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

doug said...

Has anyone heard of a record called, I believe, The Burbank Symphony. It is not a classical record, and it has a Civil war type photo on the cover. It has a lot of Contrabass sax work on it. Do you know if it is posted anywhere?

Kevin Sartori said...

Sorry, haven't heard of that one...

Omnivoor said...

''Thanks for X-mas'' from XTC (Three Wise Men) (X-mas 1983) is one of the most UNDERRATED x-mas songs EVER.

I own the original CD-single (Japan 1989) and cherish it deeply.

Bobby Genovese said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been looking everywhere for this!

the family cat said...

The Pogues belongs to the Playlist from Hell.
Finest Christmas song of the New Wave/Indie times was JESUS CHRIST by the FAMILY CAT.
Its a cover of a song written by Alex Chilton and is actually a rewrite of Angles from the Realms of Glory.
The Family Cat are now defunct which is why I seized their name

Anonymous said...

I have a Rhino compilation CD called "Punk Rock Xmas" that is a perennial fave around my house.

It's a shame that Rhino went out of business recently. They obviously had some dedicated music fans working there (whereas other "record labels" seemed to be filled with just businessmen).

Kevin Sartori said...

I hadn't heard that Rhino went out of business. I looked around and couldn't find proof either. Their web page is still up. They've been a division of Warner since 2003/2004.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I only downloaded this album to make sure if one of the tracks is fine (on the other album it appears on it sounds a bit "skipped" in one moment). The album I have is called "Just in Time For Christmas", some of the tracks I uploaded on YT; listen to them if curious!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!

Anonymous said...

Okay. This totally made my day. After years of clinging to my CMJ sampler with "The Girl Who Would Be King" and discovering the album it came from was in a SNAFU. WOW! What ever your idea of heaven is I hope you make it there. TANX.

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been re-uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!

Anonymous said...

Can you please Reup again link is dead!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Kevin Sartori said...

Thanks for the heads up! Share has been uploaded to Rapidgator and is available now!

Kevin Sartori said...

CD has been re-ripped with the latest version of the LAME MP3 encoder and uploaded to Rapidgator. Go get it!

Kevin Sartori said...

Rapidgator has become unreliable, so I've uploaded the share to Game Front and it's available now!

Justin said...

Any chance you could reupload for 2016?

Kevin Sartori said...

The share has been uploaded to Uploaded.net and is available now!

Anonymous said...

Kevin you have helped me make my Christmas! When my son was about 6 years old he was so into TV 'super heroes' on TV. Other than keeping an eye on the content of the programs I paid little attention. A few months ago I happened to hear Timbuk 3's "All I Want For Christmas" and because my son is coming from Scotland to Christmas I needed to find the song. Along the way I discover this collection. Many thanks!

-Brian