Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Esquivel - Merry Xmas from the Space-Age Bachelor Pad (1996)

In 1959, RCA Victor released The Merriest of Christmas Pops album. This was a split release of sorts, with half of the tracks produced by Ray Martin and half by our man Esquivel. In 1996, Brother Cleve produced an Esquivel Christmas album for Bar/None Records by combining these six tracks with four others and supplementing the package with two new recordings.

The two new tracks, the new album's opener and closer, were produced by Cleve's band Combustible Edison and feature newly recorded narration by Esquivel. With his passing on January 3rd, 2002, these two tracks stand as Juan Garcia Esquivel's last recorded material.

Breaking down the album's contents, tracks 2, 3, 5, 6, 9 and 10 are taken from The Merriest of Christmas Pops LP. Tracks 2 & 3 ("The Christmas Song" and "Here Comes Santa Claus") feature The Skip-Jacks, which included actress/nude model Stella Stevens. Track 11 "I Feel Merely Marvelous" (from the Broadway musical Redhead) was originally the b-side to the "Whatchamacallit" single. It's not really a holiday tune, but is a great rarity that fits in nicely here. Three previously released holiday-themed tracks help fill out this short album, two from 1959's Strings Aflame ("Parade of the Wooden Soldiers" and "Sun Valley Ski Run") and one from 1962's More of Other Worlds, Other Sounds ("Snowfall").

Esquivel - Merry Xmas from the Space-Age Bachelor Pad (1996)
1. Jingle Bells (Greetings from Esquivel!) (2:21)
2. White Christmas (1:47)
3. Here Comes Santa Claus (2:32)
4. Parade of the Wooden Soldiers (2:32)
5. The Christmas Song (2:33)
6. Frosty the Snowman (2:21)
7. Snowfall (3:40)
8. Sun Valley Ski Run (2:15)
9. Blue Christmas (2:25)
10. Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (2:08)
11. I Feel Merely Marvelous (2:28)
12. Auld Lang Syne (Adios from Esquivel!) (0:49)

53.5MB ZIP archive
MP3: Variable bitrate (268kbps average)
Exact Audio Copy 1.0b3 (Secure mode) w/LAME 3.99.5 (-V0)

DOWNLOAD

26 comments:

furu inu said...

Bee. You. Tea. Faux. Thank you ever so much.

jd45 said...

Did I thank you for this post ? No ? So do I : many thanks !

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

MacDream said...

Hello there,
Thank you very much for this Esquivel album.
I suggest that you fix your introductory comments since you should refer to Ray MARTIN instead of Ray CONNIFF.
Check this out for more info:
http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2006/11/swingingest-christmas-oodles-of-doodles.html
Thanks again.

Kevin Sartori said...

Wow, good catch, Macdream! I have no idea how I made that mistake!

Thanks, it's corrected now!

Anonymous said...

love it. know of any comedy posts, need to drive up north next month and the misses will be stressed.

Anonymous said...

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you man¡¡¡¡¡
I am from Mexico, and this CD is so hard to find it.

hiallison said...

Hello, I did a google search for this Esquivel CD and I found your blog. I was soooo happy when I saw that you had so many Esquivel albums and that I could download them with your password! I tried to download this CD from Megaupload and then open it with Zipeg, but I was unsuccessful. Zippeg says that the password is incorrect. I was wondering if you have changed the password since the original post; it was a while back! I would GREATLY appreciate the password and most certainly the wonderful Esquivel christmas music! Thanks and Happy holidays!

Kevin Sartori said...

No, I haven't changed the password. But I've never heard of Zipeg before. Check out the Please Read This First section at the top of the page. I recommend using either 7zip or UnRarX to extract from password-protected RAR archives! Both are freeware.

Anonymous said...

something is wrong with the pass, i can't unrar it . i type:p-l-m.blogspot.com that give me error structure demage

Efrén said...

Thanks a lot! this material is very hard to find here in México, Greetings!

Carol Ann said...

Thanks bunches for this rare trinket ! martinis are on me

Anonymous said...

I had this CD a few years ago and somehow misplaced it. What fun to hear it again! Thanks so much! Tom in El Segundo

Allen's Brain said...

Thanks muchly! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa/ Solstice, et al!

Anonymous said...

Have been looking for this one... but all the ends to the songs are cut off :( Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Kevin Sartori said...

There isn´t a problem with the upload, Anonymous. Are you sure you used the correct program to extract with?

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to Rapidgator and is available now!

Kevin Sartori said...

I re-ripped the album with the latest version of the LAME MP3 encoder and uploaded the share to Rapidgator. Go get it!

JimmyD said...

I've been searching for this album forever... thanks for sharing it!

Bob Millar said...

Thank you for this! I was amazed I could not find it anywhere - one of my top 5 for Christmas.

Zoo zoo zoo - wow.

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome - was looking for this baby for a few years and stumbled on your site. Top 5 best Christmas albums of all time.

Thank you - zoo zoo - wah!


Kevin Sartori said...

Rapidgator has become unreliable, so I've uploaded the share to Game Front and it's available now!

Guppy said...

Download is down :|

Kevin Sartori said...

The share has been moved to Uploaded.net and is available now!