Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Saturday, September 15, 2007

Kenji Kawai - Chaos (1999)

Kenji Kawai is one of my favorite soundtrack composers. He's done the music for films of many styles: anime, action, sci-fi, horror and more. His compositions are always varied, interesting and complementary; the music is "there" but it never overtakes a scene.

The score that Kenji Kawai composed for Hideo Nakata's Chaos is electronic, heavily percussive and eerie. Eventually, it even becomes uplifting. Considering how much I enjoy the score, I'm disappointed at myself for not having taken the time to actually see the movie!

I found a link to a streaming theatrical trailer online. There are Korean subtitles, so the trailer must have originally come from a Korean distributor. I downloaded the trailer with Orbit Downloader and then uploaded it to YouTube. You can hear a bit of the score in the background. Check it out:



I downloaded this out-of-print soundtrack about nine months ago at membership BitTorrent site Asian DVD Club. EncSpot Pro identifies this as having been encoded at 224kbps with LAME 3.92.

Kenji Kawai - Chaos (1999)
1. Threat (1:58)
2. Message #8501 (2:47)
3. Dress (6:26)
4. Corpse (4:50)
5. Recognition (2:33)
6. Murder (1:24)
7. Monochrome (0:49)
8. Model (1:35)
9. Tag (1:17)
10. Metamorphosis (2:30)
11. Rouge (2:36)
12. Raindrops (3:21)
13. Chaos (2:17)

54.3MB ZIP archive
MP3: Constant bitrate (224kbps)
LAME 3.92

DOWNLOAD

8 comments:

rfranklin15 said...

WOW!!!!!

Thank you for this!!!!!!!!!!

Yoshime* said...

congratulations! for this one-year of great shares and posts. keep up this good way!

this one is also pretty nice. thanks a lot
cheers

Anonymous said...

I was sure I left a comment here. Anyway, thank you for this, it's getting me in the mood for Halloween! >.< I was half asleep and 'Corpse' on my MP3 player woke me up. Horrible! *lol*

Btw, I'm 'noirist' on last.fm :]

Anonymous said...

cool, big thx

Anonymous said...

I agree, this is an awesome soundtrack, uplifting and dark at the same time. Kenji Kawai is amazing!

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

John said...

Big ups man, great share

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!