Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Friday, July 20, 2007

Esquivel - Other Worlds, Other Sounds (1958)

Update 03/02/2012: I've removed the share because this album has been released digitally by Master Classics Records and is available from Amazon.com, 7digital and iTunes. Show your support by buying it today!

For his second American LP, released October 1958, Esquivel plays piano and provides arrangements not just for the 26-piece orchestra, but for the six-member Randy Van Horne Singers as well. The majority of the "singing" consists of various "zu," "ooh" and "ah" sounds, but that's all part of the charm. This three-day session was Esquivel's first opportunity to experiment with stereo recording. His dynamic use of the two-channel recording process is exciting and inventive. It's here that Esquivel's trademark sound starts to emerge. 'Course, most people probably bought the album because of the cosmic hottie on the cover and, I imagine, were amazed by Esquivel's quirky sound on first listen.

Other Worlds, Other Sounds was released on CD by Bar/None Records in 1997 as a two-fer with Four Corners of the World.

Esquivel - Other Worlds, Other Sounds (1958)
1. Granada (4:04)
2. Begin the Beguine (3:07)
3. Night and Day (2:36)
4. Poinciana (2:58)
5. Playfully (2:55)
6. Adiós (3:03)
7. That Old Black Magic (2:30)
8. Nature Boy (2:42)
9. Magic Is the Moonlight (Te Quiero Dijeste) (2:33)
10. Speak Low (2:38)
11. Ballerina (3:02)
12. It Had to Be You (3:14)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very excellent selection I must say! Thanks mucho,

Anonymous said...

do i need to enter a login name on the mega upload site? i only wrote the password and it said it was invalid. any tips on how to get theis to work? thanks for your time.

Kevin Sartori said...

You might want to try again. I just tried and there was no problem. Maybe you typed a "0" (zero) instead of an "o" (letter) or something. Give it another shot!

BASSOONER said...

Could you check your link to Megaupload? I couldn't get it to download. Thanks.

Kevin Sartori said...

I just checked and the link is fine. Sometimes Megaupload gets busy and throttles downloads. Definitely try again!

BASSOONER said...

I tried both of your Esquivel selections at Megaupload and never get a timer. I have told them about it, hope they answer soon.

Kevin Sartori said...

I'm not sure what to say. I just tried it and was able to get a timer, no problem. 45 seconds, which is too long in my opinion, but it came up. I understand that Megaupload throttles by country as well. Some people in some countries have more trouble than others. I know Megaupload can be difficult at times, but overall it's been the most reliable. If you know of a better solution, let me know and I'll check it out...

Anonymous said...

Kevin... I vote for Megaupload! You're the only one I know that uses it constantly and it's much better then rapidsh*t with it's incredible long timers. You've kind of lost me on the last few posts, but I'm hangin' with you because you've brought a lot of good music into my life. I know it's only a matter of time before you hit the sweet spot again... :)

Anonymous said...

very nice post and blog. thank you
a note on megaupload: it works for me everytime with active x turned off and java script turned on. Megaupload is reliable and fast and it works with download acceloraters like flashget and rapidshare does'nt unless you have an account. Good choice. Thanx

Anonymous said...

I just have to say houndreds "THANK-YOUs" to you and this fantastic blog.... I have been other places too, but this has to be one of the very best. Thank you for all interesting music and information!

"A Norwegian"

Anonymous said...

NICE - great 1950's exotica!!!

Anonymous said...

I came for "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg," stayed for the Esquivel. Wonderful blog. Thank you.