Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Friday, June 22, 2007

REDO: The Three Suns - Twilight Memories (1960)

This 1960 LP was arranged by Charles Albertine. In celebration of their 20th anniversary, The Three Suns re-recorded their most popular songs, including their first big hit "Twilight Time," but this time in Living Stereo! If you check out the cover, you'll see that this was billed by RCA Victor as the "Suns' Greatest." I'm not so sure about greatest, but it sure is great! For more info on this release, including the original liner notes, check out its page over at Michael David Toth's The Three Suns Universe.

Check out a clip of "Delicado" set to a static image:



I had originally posted a vinyl rip version of this album that was released on bootleg CD by Astro Age. It turns out that this was officially released on CD by RCA in the States in 1995 and in Germany by BMG International in 1999. As you can imagine, the official release sounds much better than the bootleg. Squeezo originally posted this excellent quality 192kbps rip of the German CD. His blog is long gone now and I've received a few requests to repost it, so here it is!

The Three Suns - Twilight Memories (1960)
1. Twilight Time (3:12)
2. Don't Take Your Love from Me (2:27)
3. Jalousie (2:36)
4. Under Paris Skies (3:05)
5. The Petite Waltz (2:38)
6. Delicado (2:51)
7. Peg o' My Heart (2:27)
8. Moonlight and Roses (2:38)
9. Arrivederci Roma (3:10)
10. Anna (3:01)
11. Jet (3:08)
12. Twilight Memories (2:42)

46.7MB ZIP archive
MP3: Constant bitrate (192kbps)
Audiograbber 1.83.1 w/LAME 3.97

DOWNLOAD

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

It is very wonderful.
Thank you very much.

ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!!
from Japan

dogleg said...

big fan.
link and password no work for me.
maybe i'm lame.

Kevin Sartori said...

I just checked, dogleg, and the share is still available on Megaupload. Be sure to check out the Please Read This First section at the top of the page for directions!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to Rapidgator and is available now!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been re-uploaded to Rapidgator and is available now!

Anonymous said...

hi This is my second attempt, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself. I grew up in the 60's with my dad playing this album by The Three Suns a lot. He put it on the first thing when he'd get home from work or from church on Sundays. It was his favorite. My dad was a cool guy. And I would not say this music is psychotic or if you know the guy that said the Ames Brothers are creepy. You have got to be kidding! This is how people with a brain made music without computers. They actually knew how to play instruments and keep in time with it other. The 3 Suns were really very unique and had some great combinations of sounds and instruments as you can hear here. I think this was one of their BEST albums. So unique and fun and sentimental. I love them, thanks to my dear old dad. God rest his soul. I am impressed that you appreciated this music, even if you think it is psychotic. Pretty funny of you ! Thanks.

Kevin Sartori said...

Thanks for the comments! I love The Three Suns and certainly don't feel that they (or their music) are psychotic in the least. Psychotic Leisure Music is just the name of my blog, which is a reference to my old college radio show.

However, getting upset that I might think The Three Suns are psychotic? Well now, that might be a little... psychotic.

:)

Enjoy the music.

Kevin Sartori said...

Rapidgator has become unreliable, so I've uploaded the share to Game Front and it's available now!

Guppy said...

Unfortunately down again :|

Kevin Sartori said...

The share has been moved to Uploaded.net and is available now!