Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ween - Push th' Little Daisies (1992)

I love Ween. It's music made by two wildly skilled and imaginative musicians looking to skewer, mock and pay tribute to "rock music" of every conceivable type. It's often hilarious, bewildering, yet earnest, all at the same time. If you're unfamiliar with Dean and Gene Ween's peculiar brand of music, it's definitely worth checking out. No, they're not really brothers and those aren't their real names. Their names are as fictional as the world they live in, worshipping the embodiment of good and evil, their god Boognish.

I've been wanting to post some Ween here at PLM for a while, but, alas, all of their albums are in-print. Wait, that's a good thing! Buy some, enjoy them and then buy some more! I discovered Ween when I was working at my University's radio station as a DJ (you'll never guess what my show was called). There was a promo only CD-single for "Push th' Little Daisies," a song off their incredible major label debut Pure Guava. It's still my favorite album of theirs, although they're all good if you approach each with the mindset that it's going to be different than the last. More bands should produce music this way.

Check out the music video for "Push th' Little Daisies":



There was a hilarious song on that promo-only single called "I Smoke Some Grass (Really Really High)." I don't know how many times I played that song on my show. In fact, all of the "b-sides" on this single are every bit as good as the tracks on the Pure Guava album itself. I never did find my own copy of that promo-only single, but most of the other tracks ended up on the CD-single issued in the UK, all except for my favorite! I managed to find that UK single used and, eventually, I located the track on an excellent four disc bootleg called B-Sides, Demos, & Rarities.

Speaking of which, since I decided to post this single, I thought I should post the additional non-album tracks that I have from this time period. This includes two tracks from the I'm Fat single, three tracks from the Sky Cruiser single, including one that only appeared on the promo version of that single and one track from the Christmas compilation A Merry Little Christmas. I pulled all of these additional tracks from that four disc bootleg, except for the Sky Cruiser promo-only track "Cover It with Gas and Set It on Fire," which I found using Soulseek.

Ween - Push th' Little Daisies (1992)
From Push th' Little Daisies CD5 (1992):1. Push th' Little Daisies (2:48)
2. Mango Woman (2:22)
3. Puerto Rican Power (Pts. 1&2) (2:43)
4. Ode to René (2:20)
From Push th' Little Daisies Promo CD5 (1992):
5. I Smoke Some Grass (Really Really High) (7:45)
From I'm Fat 7" (1992):6. I'm Fat (1:31)
7. I'm Fat (Remix) (2:08)
From Sky Cruiser 7" (1992):8. Sky Cruiser (2:44)
9. Cruise Control (Sky Cruiser Remix) (4:18)
From Sky Cruiser Promo CD5 (1992):10. Cover It with Gas and Set It on Fire (3:10)
From A Merry Little Christmas Compilation CD (1992):11. Silent Night (1:38)

53.9MB ZIP archive
MP3: (1x) Constant Bitrate (192kbps) &
(10x) Variable bitrate (227.1kbps average)
Audiograbber 1.83.1 w/LAME 3.97 (--preset fast extreme)

DOWNLOAD

17 comments:

Theo said...

I too love ween, probably my favourite band!
thanks for this

SamIam said...

Thanks for putting together this little gem of little heard Ween rarities. Whenever I feel like a bit of weirdness I pull out one of my three Ween CDs and enjoy a few chuckles. Keep up the great posts.

Cheers, SamIam

Anonymous said...

these guys are fantastic live! thanks for the post

Jay said...

Many thanks!!! This stuff is hard to find!

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

Scott said...

thanks a lot for the reupload, kevin. MUCH appreciated!

Gary said...

Thanks for the hard work in putting this together! I only heard the title track the other day and have been trying to track it down ever since.

remork said...

thanks for this blog! i'm sure to return here..

i recently got my hands on the 'craters of the sac' album (which was download only at the time), but this is a nice addition to the Ween collection if there ever was one..
and i promise i'll check out clockhammer as well :)

keep it up

karmaged said...

thank you kind sir for this wonderful gem.. i dig all the esquivel and three suns stuff you have up... i plan on putting up some rare space lounge stuff i have sitting around on lp.. when i do i will post them up and send you a link if you are interested.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing all this music! You rule, Kevin!

sjogro said...

thanks a bunch!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!

Andy Warstar said...

I downloaded this because I want to hear all the OTHER songs besides "Push Th' Little Daisies". I despise that song. Sadly, it reminds me of these white trash coke heads with whom I had the great unfortune of sharing housing back in school. They let their dog suffer and die after it drank anti-freeze (much were too paranoid to let anybody take it to the vet). A lot of dirtbags and college students listen to Ween. If you can ignore that horrible fact, they are an enjoyable listen. Thanks for this!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to Rapidgator and is available now!

cityfolk said...

it's gone again :(

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been re-uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!