Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Friday, January 05, 2007

Men at Work - Two Hearts (1985)

Update 03/04/2012: I've removed the share because this album has been reissued in the UK by Eastworld Record and is available now. Show your support by buying it today!

Men at Work were a hugely successful new wave/pop band that formed in 1979. They started life as an Australian bar band and by 1981 had become the highest paid unsigned pub act in their country. Their first album, 1982's Business as Usual, included the worldwide hits "Who Can It Be Now?" and "Down Under." The followup, 1983's Cargo, continued their global success with the hits "Overkill" and "It's a Mistake." Following an extended break in 1984, the band started to fall apart. By the time they recorded their third and final release, drummer Jerry Speiser and bass player Johnathan Rees were already gone, replaced by session players. This left three core members, Scottish-born singer Colin Hay, keyboard/sax player and occasional vocalist Greg Ham and guitarist Ron Strykert. It's possible that Strykert may have left during the recording sessions, as he doesn't appear at all on two of the ten tracks. Two Hearts spawned the minor hit "Everything I Need."

Check out the music videos for "Everything I Need", "Maria" and "Hard Luck Story":







Men at Work broke up shortly thereafter. Colin Hay and Greg Ham reformed the band for a reunion tour in 1996, with a live CD from the tour, Brazil, issued in 1998.

I was a huge MaW fan in my early teens. I listened to those first two albums countless times. I hadn't listened to their music in many years when I saw them play in New Haven, CT during their reunion tour. Amazingly, I still remembered all of their lyrics after all that time. What a great show. When Two Hearts first came out, it didn't hit me the same way as their first two. It was different than what I was expecting. It was different than what anybody was expecting. The trademark quirky wit of their first two albums gave way to a seriousness and maturity that must have resulted from their overwhelming international success. Two Hearts is evidence of a more meaningful and intense Men at Work. It's a shame we didn't get to hear more.

Men at Work - Two Hearts (1985)
1. Man with Two Hearts (3:53)
2. Giving Up (3:24)
3. Everything I Need (3:33)
4. Sail to You (3:23)
5. Children on Parade (3:35)
6. Maria (4:32)
7. Stay at Home (3:06)
8. Hard Luck Story (3:40)
9. Snakes and Ladders (3:15)
10. Still Life (3:46)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love the music, as it definitely takes me back some. I'm on the 'hunt' for Cargo and Business As Usual. Thank you!

Paul F. said...

I always loved this album, and gave "Man Who Had Two Hearts" plenty of air time in my old radio days...

cettin said...

i cant find the file.something wrong with the megauplosd.can u fix it pls

Anonymous said...

The link works just fine for me. I'm using IE 7.

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

stopshortx said...

i for some reason cant get to the page, can i get a link to the actual megaupload page?

as in like

www.megaupload.com/_____w/e_____

thanks ^^

Matt Lowe said...

Mega thanks!

This one completes my set

Dan said...

Thanks a ton! What did you make the files from? As I understand, this was never released on CD.

Kevin Sartori said...

I ripped this direct from CD. This was on CD briefly in the US. I was lucky enough to find this in a cut-out bin years ago!

Dan said...

wow. Lucky indeed.

leesa said...

Hiya!

Thanx so much for this. I guess it's the only Men At Work album that hasn't been remastered with Bonus Cuts...

And speaking of looking a gift horse in the mouth... Do you by any chance have the remastered Cargo w/ Bonus Tracks?

Thanx either way!!!

~leesa

Kevin Sartori said...

Sorry, leesa, but I only post out-of-print music here and that one's still in print!

leesa said...

Thanx so much for the response, sir!

~leesa

Anonymous said...

many thanx!
Hello from France

Anonymous said...

lubbit, thants for dis