Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Three Suns - A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas! (1959)

It's in the spirit of the holidays that I post my final Three Suns LP, A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas! There have been a couple of requests for this and I'm happy to oblige. Definitely one of the best (and craziest!) Christmas albums around. Charles Albertine really outdoes himself with the arrangements on this mostly traditional material. Lots of fun. For more info on this release, including the original liner notes, check out its page over at Michael David Toth's The Three Suns Universe.

Using the best two image scans I could find online, along with my meager Photoshop skills, I created the nicest .jpg cover for this posting that I could. I may have gone a little overboard with brightness and contrast, but I wanted to create a bright crisp image and as a result crushed some of the background detail in the process. I also straightening it and "expanded" the image on the top and right-hand side to fix the clipped look of the originals. I'm happy with the results and, compared to what's available, feel that this is a nice improvement overall.

The Three Suns - A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas! (1959)
1. Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (2:04)
2. Skaters Waltz (2:51)
3. The Chipmunk Song (2:00)
4. White Christmas (3:04)
5. Ding Dong Dandy Christmas (2:53)
6. The Christmas Song (2:29)
7. Russian Sleigh Song (2:31)
8. Jingle Bells (2:37)
9. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (2:15)
10. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1:56)
11. Jingle Bell Rock (2:09)
12. Sleigh Ride (2:53)
13. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (2:18)
14. Winter Wonderland (2:42)

52.6MB ZIP archive
MP3: Variable bitrate (210.3kbps average)
Audiograbber 1.83.1 w/LAME 3.97 (--preset fast extreme)

DOWNLOAD

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo! Werry Quistmas! =)

bruce said...

have you ever heard of a lp the three suns live at the lighthouse?
a local old timer has been looking for it ' any help would be grat. thanks Bruce

Kevin Sartori said...

You friend is thinking of The Three Sounds, an unrelated jazz band.

Tiny Tim said...

Thanks for the xmas tunes
i have about 2150 full albums on mine !
i hope you dont mind i added you to my blog if you wish too add me its fine. i have my site hidden from the crazy spammers tho

http://fileho.com/download/d905a8723137/FY.htm.html

http://fileho.com/download/d905a8723137/
FY.htm.html

VA Ultimate Christmas

1. Silent Night (Intro) - Boyz II Men
2. Christmas Song, The - Nat "King" Cole/Nelson Riddle Orchestra
3. Winter Wonderland - Aretha Franklin
4. White Christmas - Bing Crosby
5. Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley
6. Sleigh Ride - Johnny Mathis
7. Frosty The Snow Man - Ella Fitzgerald
8. Cantique De Noel - Luciano Pavarotti :: O Holy Night - Luciano Pavarotti
9. O Come All Ye Faithful - Luther Vandross
10. Joy To The World - Whitney Houston/Georgia Mass Choir
11. It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas - Dionne Warwick
12. Silver Bells - Kenny G
13. Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
14. Night Before Christmas, The - Carly Simon
15. Jingle Bells - Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
16. Song For A Winter's Night - Sarah McLachlan
17. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland

http://rapidshare.com/files/1511241/Various_Artists_-_Ultimate_Christmas.rar.html

bruce said...

thanks

Bill S. said...

Thank you for all the Three Suns, especially this album. You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir!

pete said...

I have been waiting patiently for this last Three Suns album (as I'm dying to hear it)...thanks so much for posting it (and all the others). Really appreciated!

Pete
NYC

PS. The Suns' "Warm and Tender" is still one of my favorite suggestive album covers...

Ernie said...

Thanks for all the tunes, especially the Three Suns. This LP has somehow excaped my grasp all these years. However, I've got pretty much every other Christmas related release by the Three Suns posted over at my blog, so if you need more, come on over!

ernienotbert.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's my novice computer skills, I downloaded the Ding Dong Dandy and the 7-zip and unable to add the folder to my iTunes library.

Kevin Sartori said...

Okay, I think I've figured out what might be wrong. I just had someone else tell me that the files in a different archive wouldn't play. Playing with 7zip, I've discovered that if you put in the password wrong, then it still extracts the files, but they don't play! What it should do if the password is wrong is tell you the password is wrong and not extract the files. Instead, it extracts corrupted files that don't play! Pretty dopey behavior that they should really change.

Anyway, try extracting the files again. Make sure you put the password in exactly right, with no extra spaces at the beginning or end:

p-l-m.blogspot.com

I'm going to add a note about this in my Please Read This First section!

DMR760 said...

DMR760 said:

That's the ticket!!! Thank you for your assistance and early Christmas gift. Download and transfer to the iPod went very well.

kate said...

Thanks so much for these!

My husband's college Tuba Professor, Ed Livingston, is the tubist on this LP. We've had a really bad recording for years and it's one of our favorites. Thank you for the new (and very much better) digital version!

Enohead said...

I can't tell you how happy you've made me. My parents had this album, and we played the crap out of it every Christmas. I was going to transfer their LP, but they can't find it. Thanks to you, we'll be rockin' to the Three Suns this Christmas, for the first time in many years.

Anonymous said...

You have made my wife extremely happy because she was only 7 years old when her father dies and he listeneted to this alum all of the time.
Great memories adn she has cried though all of the songs.
God bless!!!!
Thanks you again!!
Steve

Bonnie said...

God love ya! This was Christmas at our house when we were very little kids.... Thank you for bringing back Christmas as odd and bizzare as it is, this is peaceful and makes me smile!

silwit said...

Wow, thanks so much! My parents had a large collection of Christmas LPs. This was my fave. It was one of the few things I saved when I had to empty their foreclosed home in their end times, when a huge house got reduced down to a few boxes stored with local relatives. I haven't had the $ to get those boxes, thousands of miles away. Of the valuable things in those boxes, this LP at this time of the year, I miss the most (equal to family photos etc). And you made it available for me to listen to, even the cover art! Wow! Thanks!

Peter Cherches said...

I grew up on this album. Al & Morty Nevins were my father's cousins, and all the Three Suns releases got sent to us as comps, as well as other albums that Al produced at RCA, like Neil Sedaka's debut.

Pat P said...

A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas was always one of my favorite christmas albums when I was growing up. I still have the album but it is now old and scratched, and really not usable anymore so digitizing it was out of the question. Today I ran across this site and thangs to Kevin, now have these wonderful songs on my computer and MP3 player. Thanks so much for the memories.

Anonymous said...

I never heard of this album before which surprised me because I love all that lounge stuff! I just found a great copy of the LP in stereo, and I have to say, I can't wait til next Christmas because I am gonna blast this baby all over the house!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!

Cherry Florentia Hadinata said...

Have I said thank you for everything before?

Thank you.

Geordie Birch said...

Thanks!

3-Pin said...

Thanks Kevin - We listened to this growing up and nice that it still lives on!