Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Three Suns - Movin' 'n' Groovin' (1962)

Well, here it is! This is generally considered The Three Suns' ultimate LP. Charles Albertine once again returns to provide the arrangements. As this is a Stereo Action release, it provides "The Sound Your Eyes Can Follow." This means the best stereo effects to show off your new hi-fi!

In my comments for The Three Suns in Japan posting, Billy linked to a posting of this LP available on RapidShare. That version sounded nice, but it was as though the original capper was trying to remove the vinyl crackles with a low-pass filter. The sound is too flat. There is a 192kbps rip over at ROCKOVERGRACELAND that sounds like it may have the same source as the Astro Age bootleg CD rip I'm using. I've upgraded three of the tracks by pulling the remastered versions from The History of Space Age Pop three volume series: "Caravan," "Autumn Leaves" and "Danny's Inferno."

I've included some bonus tracks from the Rarities CD released by Astro Age. Aside from the two extra tracks I included with the Here Come the Suns LP post, they're actually the only other rarities left. The first are the four Three Suns tracks from the 1963 Christmas compilation LP A Gershwin Holiday. The arrangements are also by Charles Albertine and fit in perfectly with the sound of Movin' 'n' Groovin'. The last two tracks are from the "Sunday Showcase Theme" 7", also released in 1963. The b-side of this single is a new version of "Twilight Memories" that Astro Age calls the "Rockin' Version." It doesn't appear that the single actually uses this title, so I didn't tag it that way. According to its page over at Michael David Toth's The Three Suns Universe, Movin' 'n' Groovin' was released in June 1962. The orchestral sound on on "Sunday Showcase Theme" is much closer to the sound of the LP it followed, December 1962's Warm and Tender LP. Since that LP was already released by ROCKOVERGRACELAND, I'm including these two tracks at the end of this release, where they are not totally out of place.

The only Three Suns LP I have left to post is A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas!, which I'll post, appropriately enough, next month.

The Three Suns - Movin' 'n' Groovin' (1962)
1. April Showers (2:53)
2. Caravan (2:47)
3. Autumn Leaves (3:11)
4. Dancing with Tears in My Eyes (2:08)
5. Jungle Drums (3:53)
6. Movin' 'n' Groovin' (2:53)
7. Anniversary Song (3:14)
8. Beyond the Sea (3:04)
9. Some of These Days (2:52)
10. Danny's Inferno (2:48)
11. Vagabond King Waltz (3:30)
12. Stumbling (3:03)
From A Gershwin Holiday Compilation LP (1963):
13. I Got Rhythm (2:23)
14. They Can't Take That Away from Me (2:35)
15. Bidin' My Time (2:52)
16. Liza (2:33)
Sunday Showcase Theme 7" (1963):
17. Sunday Showcase Theme (2:22)
18. Twilight Memories (2:19)

83.4MB ZIP archive
MP3: Variable bitrate (226.0kbps average)
Audiograbber 1.83.1 w/LAME 3.97 (--preset fast extreme)

DOWNLOAD

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the posts! Looking forward to the Christmas one!

Mechattack said...

Big thanks for everything :)
Can't wait for the Nemuri Kyoshiro Anthology ^^
Keep up the great work & take care.

Anonymous said...

I would love an mp3gain tutorial, much like your Lame tutorial. :)

Anonymous said...

Do you have the bonus tracks from "Twilight Memories" import from squeezo? He's done and the link is dead. :(

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I have the bonus tracks already, please disregard the request.

squeezorang said...

sigh! ;)

_____
now @ mr-lucky.blogspot

Anonymous said...

=)!!

Debra K said...

Can't wait to relive Christmas memories with A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas! I grew up listening to that!

Anonymous said...

Movin' 'n' Groovin' in STEREO

Thank you!

Steve Engler said...

Very strange with the stereo panning effects they used. Almost like Three Suns goes psychedelic. I wish Jefferson Airplane had put out an action stereo release.

Anonymous said...

Terrific, so happy to find this.

Haziahmet said...

Many Thanks!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!

Andrés Rangel said...

¡Muchas gracias! I enjoy The Three Suns very much, I really appreciate your contribution.
24 year old guy from Costa Rica.