Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Endless 1 (1994)

Here's an interesting rarity. This was the first release from Manifold Records. The Manifold Records site has quite a bit of information about this release here. Here's a good excerpt that talks about the musical climate at the time of release: "This was right when Virgin Records was making the attempt to mainstream 'Isolationism' and Sentrax had just put out Surgery of Touch. So it was a heady time for anyone doing this stuff. Suddenly magazines wanted to talk to people like Mick Harris and Kevin Martin. But the fever died off as soon as they and other labels realized there was no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. Just a dark, strange pit."

Hehe, how true. Those first three Ambient compilations Virgin Records released were chock full of historically important tracks, with Volume 4 trying to cover what they called "Isolationism," the new darker style of ambient music. For me, this was an exciting time for music. This was an incredible departure from everything else I had previously been exposed to and it demanded a new level of listening attention. Eventually, I came to understand that I most enjoyed music with more structure than much of this material had to offer, but learning to listen with this new level of scrutiny is a lesson that I still value today.

Endless 1 (1994)
1. Paul Schütze - The Memory of Water, Part One (5:05)
2. Null - Rain Trees (4:26)
3. James Plotkin - Slow Revolutions (7:54)
4. Lull - Way Through Staring (23:40)
5. Pointless Orchestra - Red Meat Holiday (7:08)
6. P. Children - Reverse Pool (5:00)
7. Mesh - I Address the Roaring Sea with a Mouth Full of Stones (6:24)
8. Trance - Aurora Borealis (Light) (7:53)
9. Sheephead - Bay of Hopelessness (1:58)
10. James Plotkin - Live 1/3/93 (4:03)

118MB ZIP archive
MP3: Variable bitrate (225.2kbps average)
Audiograbber 1.83.1 w/LAME 3.97 (--preset fast extreme)

DOWNLOAD

5 comments:

Hellbishop said...

Thank you for these..quiet moments in the purity of nothingness.

:) Happy holidays and happy new year!

The Gosub Routine said...

this is truly great stuff,

Many thanks,

Baz.

Anonymous said...

any chance of a repuload??

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!

Rob said...

I dig the personal insight.

I've found scrutiny is a double-edged sword for me. On the one hand, you learn to better appreciate excellence. But, on the other, mediocrity becomes more apparent. There are several records I loved as a kid that I just don't care to hear anymore. They were still worth the money, I reckon - you gotta start somewhere. :)

Anyway, thanks again for sharing, man.