Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Clockhammer - So Much for You (1994)

Following their breakup in 1992, lead singer/guitarist Byron Bailey reformed Clockhammer in 1994 just long enough to record one final LP under the moniker. This second and final incarnation of Clockhammer was as a four-piece. Perhaps as a way to relieve the pressures of being the "front man," Bailey shares the writing and vocal duties with two of the other members. Bailey sings main vocals on seven of the fourteen tracks. Co-guitarist Christian Nagle sings main vocals on four of the tracks. They both share main vocals on one track. Drummer Mark Smoot sings two of the tracks. Each singer is credited with writing the track that they sing, with Byron Bailey credited for writing the one song that he sings with Christian Nagle. I've noted who sings main vocals in the comment field for each track.

Amazingly, the vocal stylings of Nagle and Smoot are very similar to Bailey, so the change is not as jarring as you might expect. The album as a whole is heavier and more raw than the previous two LPs, but still has that familiar sound that fans of Clockhammer know and love.

For more info on the band, be sure to check out the Clockhammer page at HippieCommune.com.

Clockhammer - So Much for You (1994)
1. When Words Fall (4:40)
2. Laurel (5:48)
3. Pyramids (5:05)
4. Tangled (5:33)
5. Tipping the Balance (3:29)
6. Wishbone (3:43)
7. Glide (6:19)
8. Gemini (3:44)
9. Remain (3:42)
10. Needle's Eye (5:12)
11. I've Always Known (7:46)
12. Dark Grey Spaces (5:37)
13. Losing a Thousand Days (4:48)
14. Now Begins the Rain (7:30)

137MB ZIP archive
MP3: Variable bitrate (263kbps average)
Exact Audio Copy 1.0b3 (Secure mode) w/LAME 3.99.5 (-V0)

DOWNLOAD

12 comments:

Matthew said...

Absolutely brilliant! I own the first two Clockhammer CD's and listen to the from time to time. I never knew a third existed until I found this site looking for the Quake II soundtrack. My supreme thanks for making all this rare music available!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Michigan! Really want to thank you for turning us on to Clockhammer! Just got done listening to all 3 ups and have fallen deeply! They are fantastic and unfortunately, folded much too soon. So glad to have stumbled upon your site and found these shares! Many thanks to you! :)

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to MediaFire and is available now!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been uploaded to Rapidgator and is available now!

Anonymous said...

Hi - never realized clockhammer released one final album. Any chance you could make it available again to download? I don't recall if I ever got to see them but their 3 cds were in heavy rotation back in the day! Thanks! John in NY

Kevin Sartori said...

For improved sound quality, I re-ripped the CD with the latest version of the LAME MP3 encoder and uploaded the share to Rapidgator. Enjoy!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been re-uploaded to Rapidgator and is available now!

Kevin Sartori said...

Rapidgator has become unreliable, so I've uploaded the share to Game Front and it's available now!

Anonymous said...

Hiya,
Thanks so much for making this available - it's damned near impossible to find. I've sadly lost the files from your original upload way back in 2010 and it doesn't appear to be on GF anymore. May I trouble you for another upload, please? Thanks!

Kevin Sartori said...

Share has been re-uploaded to Game Front and is available now!

Anonymous said...

gone again alas..
im an old Cop Shoot Cop fan, but I found you due to your Dogs in Space upload (hallelujah!)
Im intrigued by this entry, ill check back soon.

truly,
I thankYou deeply.

Kevin Sartori said...

The share has been moved to Uploaded.net and is available now!