Please Read This First!

The out-of-print albums that I post here are available for free! For many years, I used Megaupload to store my shares, but with their recent demise, I have switched to using MediaFire instead. If one of the shares is unavailable, please leave a comment requesting it and I'll re-upload it as soon as I can. If you have any problems, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help!


Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Three Suns - Swingin' on a Star (1959)

Update 02/29/2012: Hallmark has digitally reissued a handful albums by The Three Suns and this is one of them, so I'm taking down the share. It can be purchased from Amazon.com. Please go buy it! It's important to support reissues like this because it sends a signal to record companies that there is a market for vintage music like this!

On this 1959 LP, Al Nevins, Morty Nevins and Artie Dunn are joined by King Curtis on the tenor sax. Charles Albertine, as usual, provides the arrangements and also composed three of the tunes ("Moonlight Shuffle," "Blue Twilight" and "Starlight Lullaby"). The addition of saxophone to The Three Suns' sound makes for a fun record that the folks at AllMusic.com rank right up there with 1961's Fever & Smoke and 1962's Movin' 'n' Groovin'. Plus, how do you beat The Three Suns covering a song from The Wizard of Oz? For more info on this release, including the original liner notes, check out its page over at Michael David Toth's The Three Suns Universe.

The Three Suns - Swingin' on a Star (1959)
1. Swingin' on a Star (2:35)
2. Moonglow (2:49)
3. Moonlight Shuffle (2:45)
4. Over the Rainbow (2:55)
5. I'm Shootin' High (2:51)
6. Blue Twilight (2:35)
7. I'm Sitting on Top of the World (3:37)
8. Starlight Lullaby (3:03)
9. By the Light of the Silvery Moon (2:30)
10. When You Wish Upon a Star (2:59)
11. Out of Nowhere (2:50)
12. Breezin' Along with the Breeze (2:37)

6 comments:

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

Kevin Sartori said...

Download link was expired/deleted. Re-uploaded and available for download again!

Anonymous said...

no link avaible... is there a new (and all other three suns) PLEASE ?

Kevin Sartori said...

You have to click the link that says "Grab It". If Link-Protector causes you problems, email me and I'll send you a direct download link!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect day to find your blog. Just wanting to unwind from the last 4 days and listen to George Barnes discreetly. Looking forward to exploring your efforts more.

Anonymous said...

I'm buying "Swinging on a Star" in the store for cheap, and you saved me the trouble of encoding it. Thanks!

And thanks for the other Three Suns, too!